The actions you take in the hours and days after a motor vehicle accident can make a big difference in the compensation you receive. If you fail to act promptly to obtain legal representation, you may not receive the compensation you deserve.
Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C., with offices in Morristown, NJ and Red Bank, NJ is a team of experienced personal injury lawyers with a record of success representing injured people and the families of fatal accident victims. Our law firm has the investigative resources and advocacy skills needed to help you get the funds you need to pay for medical care, plus compensation for all other economic and non-economic losses. When we handle your case, we will work diligently to obtain the best possible settlement or jury award for you.
Take These Actions after a Car Accident
In a free consultation, an attorney at our firm can explain your legal options. He or she can also provide you with advice about protecting your rights and enhancing your prospects of getting compensation.
Some of the actions we recommend that accident victims take include the following:
- Get medical care as soon as possible and follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Get the names and phone numbers of witnesses to the accident.
- Contact Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C. for a free consultation.
- Take photos of your injuries (if visible).
- Take photos of the vehicles involved in the accident, as well as any other road features that affected the direction of the vehicles.
- Get a copy of the police record. If the record does not accurately describe what happened, make amendments to the record.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident and get a claim number.
- Do not talk with representatives of other insurance companies.
- Make a before and after list. Write down all of the activities you were able to do before the accident, as well as the activities you can no longer do.
How Much Compensation Can You Get From a Car Accident Case?
In a car accident case, there are a number of factors that a judge will take into account when deciding how much compensation you will get if you were injured as the result of a car accident. Some of the things they consider include type of injury, treatment plan, length of therapy, loss of income and severity of the wreck. In general, you can expect to receive three times the cost of your medical bills during a settlement, but the specifics of your case may cause that amount to fluctuate in either direction.
If you’re working with an insurance company after a car wreck, let them know if you’re still going through medical treatment so that you don’t settle for less than you deserve. Also, be sure to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer who has experience getting clients the proper compensation for their pain and suffering. It’s also important to move quickly if you’ve been in an automobile accident, as you typically only have a year or two to file a lawsuit.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C., is a full-service personal injury law firm dedicated to helping accident victims obtain full compensation for their financial losses and pain and suffering. It is important to have an injury lawyer in your corner that is well-versed in traffic accident law so they can help you with your insurance claims. We will handle all aspects of your case, including all dealings with insurance companies. We want to help you get the medical care and compensation you need to rebuild your life.