Wills and Trusts Attorneys
Estate planning protects you in the event that you are incapacitated, and it guides and protects your loved ones in the event of your death. Gold Albanese & Barletti, L.L.C. carefully drafts the legal documents that provide this priceless peace of mind.
Our knowledgeable lawyers assist in all estate and probate matters, representing individuals and families of the all throughout New Jersey. Arrange a consultation today.
New Jersey Estate Planning Lawyers
It is never too soon to start planning your estate. Defining some of the terms can help you see why it is important:
- Conservatorship and Guardianship: An ongoing court proceeding to handle the personal and financial affairs of an incapacitated person, such as a special needs child or an elderly parent.
- Living Will/Health Care Directive: These documents appoint a family member to make medical decisions or end-of-life decisions for you if you are unable to do so.
- Power of Attorney: This document designates a trusted relative or friend to handle financial, business and legal affairs on your behalf in case of your incapacity.
- Probate: A court proceeding to administer the estate of a family member who has died. We assist the executor in all the tasks: gathering assets, paying bills and taxes, distributing the remaining assets to beneficiaries, and final accounting and reporting.
- Trusts: A trust is a vehicle to hold assets outside of your estate, bypassing the probate process and passing assets held in trust directly to heirs. It can also avoid taxation, fund a charity, or provide for a family member with special needs.
- Wills: A will spells out who should inherit your assets, names an executor of your estate and guardian of minor children, and may contain provisions to minimize federal and state taxes. Without a will, the state will decide how to distribute your property.
It can be daunting to contemplate your own demise or decide who should inherit what. There are dozens of issues to consider, but at Gold, Albanese & Barletti L.L.C., we are here to help you anticipate scenarios and make the best decisions to plan for your future. We assist clients with laying the groundwork an easier transition when a tragedy strikes.