New Jersey Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Lawyers


All motorists in New Jersey must carry a minimum of $15,000 in liability insurance. This coverage provides a source of compensation if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident. Many drivers in New Jersey carry only the required minimum liability insurance. What can you do if the driver who hit you does not have insurance? What if your losses exceed the other driver’s policy limits?

The answer to these questions is your own uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance (UM/UIM). This coverage can provide a source of compensation if you:

  • Are hit by a driver who does not have insurance.
  • Are hit by a driver who has coverage that is insufficient to cover your losses.
  • Are injured in a hit-and-run accident.

We Know Auto Insurance

Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C., is a law firm with extensive experience in motor vehicle accident cases. Our lawyers understand the many complexities of automobile insurance and claims procedures. We closely examine the various types of insurance that could provide compensation. Tapping all possible sources of compensation, we seek to maximize our clients’ compensation in the event of an accident.

The insurance adjuster who handles your claim may not be forthcoming when explaining the different aspects of your claim. Put our experience and knowledge to work for you.\

Free Insurance Coverage Consultations

Call 973-326-9099 to schedule an appointment at our offices, and bring your policy with you. An attorney can review your policy, tell you whether your coverage is adequate for your needs, and if necessary, recommend changes in your coverage.

Free Consultation — Contact Our Firm

To discuss a UM/UIM claim, a hit-and-run claim or any other type of auto insurance claim, contact Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C.

Se habla español.

Contact Us

Contact Preferences

How would you like to be contacted?
Check all that apply.

How Can We Help You?

  • 13 − 9 =