You have a legal right to obtain benefits for lifting injuries sustained on the job. If your employer or their insurer seeks to blame your injury on some other cause, an experienced workers comp attorney can provide the legal help you need to get your workers comp benefits. Our experienced New Jersey attorneys have represented thousands of clients in all types of workers comp claims and are committed to getting you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Every Injury is Different
Both frequent and occasional lifting, bending, and twisting can cause a variety of injuries, including:
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Back injuries
- Spine injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
Inflammation of muscles, tendons or nerves can be caused over time by repeated bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, turning, or lifting. If your work requires you to do lifting that may not be safe for your back, talk to your supervisor before you begin. To prevent injury when you bend and lift:
- Spread your feet apart to give your body a wide base of support
- Stand as close as possible to the object you are lifting
- Bend at your knees, not at your waist or back
- Keep your stomach muscles tight
- Hold the object close to your body
- Lift slowly, using your muscles in your hips and knees
- Do not bend forward when standing up
- DO NOT twist your back while bending to reach for, lift or carry an object
- Squat as you set the object down, using the muscles in your knees and hips, keeping your back straight
If you do hurt yourself while lifting a heavy box or twisting to reach something from a shelf, your health and safety should be your first priority. Obtain medical treatment as soon as the injury happens and inform your supervisor and Human Resources department immediately.
It is also essential to contact an experienced workers comp lawyer so you are well-informed of your rights as an injured worker. Workers’ comp claims can often be complicated, and our experienced lawyers can ensure that you follow the correct procedure for receiving ongoing treatment and filing your claim.
How Our New Jersey Attorneys Can Help
Our law firm has decades of experience and in-depth knowledge of workers compensation laws and claims. The stress and anxiety that arise when you can’t work can take a toll on your physical and mental health. Clearly establishing what happened and how you were injured can mean the difference between winning or losing a workers comp claim. Our attorneys will work diligently to resolve your claim as efficiently as possible