Holding Negligent Drivers Accountable for the Harm They Cause
When a vehicle collides with a person on foot, the pedestrian always loses. Runners, joggers and others who are hit by cars frequently suffer brain injuries, broken bones or even death. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in 2011 alone, 142 New Jersey pedestrians were killed and numerous others were injured in collisions with motor vehicles.
The Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C. is here to fight for the rights of walkers, runners, joggers, skateboarders and all other pedestrians. Whether you were struck by a car while crossing the street or you were hit by a delivery truck while standing in a parking lot, we can help. You may potentially be eligible for compensation to cover your medical bills, lost earnings, pain and suffering and other damages.
With more than 200 years of combined experience, our Morristown lawyers represent victims of all kinds of driver negligence, including:
- Driving under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- Failing to Stop at Red Lights
- Failing to Yield to Pedestrians in Crosswalks
- Making Illegal Turns
- Texting While Driving/distracted Driving
Two Things to Avoid after a Pedestrian Accident
After any accident involving a motor vehicle, it is important to remember the following points:
- Never give information to the car or truck driver’s insurance company without first consulting a lawyer. In most cases, the insurance adjuster is simply trying to get you to say something that can be used against you later.
- Never sign a settlement agreement from your own insurance company until you talk to an attorney. The settlement amount will often be far less than you deserve to make up for all your past, present and future losses.
Consult Our New Jersey Crosswalk Accident Lawyers Today
If a reckless driver anywhere in New Jersey injured you, discover your legal rights and options. Simply contact the attorneys of Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C. at 973-326-9099 or by email to schedule a free initial consultation.
Se habla español.