Representing Victims of Slips, Trips and Related Injuries
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 1,800 nursing home residents die every year from fall-related injuries.
Even if a person has no prior history of falling, a single fall can easily occur, and this is not necessarily the result of any negligence on the part of the nursing home staff. However, repeated falls ought to be anticipated, and failure to put appropriate procedures in place to prevent serious injuries is simply unacceptable.
At Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C., we hold negligent nursing homes accountable for the needless injuries they allow. With more than 200 years of combined experience, our nursing home fall lawyers have the knowledge and resources to handle every aspect of the case for you.
When you come to us, you can leave your legal concerns at the door. Our mission is to ensure that you sleep peacefully at night, knowing that everything possible is being done to pursue justice on your behalf.
Examples of Negligence Contributing to Falls
Federal regulations state that every resident entering a nursing home must be assessed to determine his or her functional abilities and risk of falling. However, sometimes staff members ignore the patient’s risk level or make other mistakes. Such nursing home negligence can include:
- Failing to install bed rails, floor mats or other safety devices to prevent falls.
- Failing to use bed alarms, call buttons and other devices to alert staff when high-risk residents attempt to walk or get out of bed on their own.
- Dropping residents during transfers due to insufficient training or lack of staff members.
- Failing to properly supervise residents in the restroom or elsewhere.
- Allowing wet floors, loose carpeting or other walking hazards.
Free Consultation with Our New Jersey Elderly Fall Attorneys
To schedule a free initial consultation with the experienced attorneys at Gold, Albanese, Barletti & Locascio L.L.C. simply call us at 973-326-9099 or contact us online. We represent injury victims in New Jersey, and statewide.
Se habla español.